Friday, October 21, 2016

Spencer W. Kimball Quote

Sometimes there are just quotes that I can't help but fall in love with. Each morning, I try to read a conference talk from the Gospel Library app. I started in 1970 somewhere around May this year, and I am now currently in 1974. I love it! I love reading about the things that the Church leaders had to say then, that still fully apply to us now. 

This quote got me thinking though.


President Spencer W. Kimball said in April 1960 (quoted by President N. Eldon Tanner in April 1974):



"What mother looking down with tenderness upon her chubby infant does not envision her child as the President of the Church or the leader of her nation! As he is nestled in her arms, she sees him a statesman, a leader, a prophet. Some dreams do come true! One mother gives us a Shakespeare, another an Abraham Lincoln, and still another a Joseph Smith!

When theologians are reeling and stumbling, when lips are pretending and hearts are wandering, and people are 'running to and fro seeking the word of the Lord and cannot find it' -- when clouds of error need dissipating and spiritual darkness needs penetrating and heavens need opening, a little infant is born."

Picture from lds.org.

How amazing is that way of thinking? Each child that is born has the potential to become essentially whatever he or she wants to become. That child could be the best at whatever they choose that we've ever seen. They could be the type of person that leads the nation or possibly the LDS church. Heck, even if that child grew up to convert one other person to the truthfulness of the restored Gospel, it would be worth it. For God has said in Doctrine and Covenants section 18:


"10 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; 
...
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"

I loved this quote so much! Your child could be anything in this world, so make sure he or she picks a good one! Make sure they stay on track as they go also!

If you want to see the Conference quotes I post on Facebook, feel free to add me and mention you found me here or I may not confirm.

No comments:

Post a Comment