Friday, October 14, 2016

Week Seven

Week six was a struggle. For a bit, Kaylee and I thought we were cursed to lose all the match ups on the day, which worried me for the late Utah game. BYU seemed to lift that curse off of me, but Kaylee was left with a 2-4 record. I ended with a 3-3 record, so not much better. That puts us at 17-19 for Kaylee and 24-12 for me.

This week might be difficult to find some match ups again. There's not many games between two Top 25 teams that I want to pick from, so we'll see how these go.

Mississippi State at BYU

Jordan's Pick: BYU Kaylee's Pick: BYU

Mississippi State is having a rough season, starting with a loss to South Alabama. BYU is now 3-3 thanks to a two-game streak over Toledo and Michigan State. This is an intriguing pick for me. I think BYU seems to be on the way up, but can't tell for sure. I think BYU will win based on Mississippi State is traveling across the nation to play this game. I also think they have the better team. If Mississippi State wins, it's because the Bulldogs' quarterback coach used to play for Utah (Brian Johnson). He's not super accustomed to losing to BYU (yeah, I said it, come at me).

No. 21 Utah at Oregon State

Jordan's Pick: Utah Kaylee's Pick: Utah

Oregon State is coming of its first conference win in a couple years or so. Utah is coming off one of the worst first half performances I've ever seen, but came out firing in the second half for the win over Arizona. This is another chance for Utah's coach Kyle Whittingham to show off how good his team is against a former employee. OSU head coach Gary Andersen, former Utah defensive coordinator, is looking to start his climb in the Pac-12. I expect Utah to win in a rainy game. Even with Utah being on its fifth or sixth string running back, I don't see Oregon State beating Utah this year.

Wake Forest at No. 14 Florida State

Jordan's Pick: Florida State Kaylee's Pick: Florida State

Wake Forest is 5-1 looking to establish its place among the best of the ACC, while Florida State is 4-2 and needs another win in conference as the Seminoles are 1-2 in ACC play. The rankings seem like they should be flipped, but I expect Florida State to win big. Wake Forest hasn't played many good teams, while Florida State has played Louisville, UNC and Miami.

No. 24 Western Michigan at Akron

Jordan's Pick: Western Michigan Kaylee's Pick: Western Michigan

This is one of the most intriguing match ups that I could find. Western Michigan is ranked at 6-0 and needs to get past a good Akron team to keep its undefeated season intact. I think Western Michigan should win, but I don't think they will completely dominate in this game. Western Michigan's defense will be what wins the game.

No. 1 Alabama at No. 9 Tennessee

Jordan's Pick: Alabama Kaylee's Pick: Alabama

A chance to knock off the No. 1 team in the nation after a set back loss ruining a perfect season? Tennessee must be pumped for this one. The Vols better not expect to be able to run the ball though because Alabama's run defense is incredible. I could see Tennessee pulling this off, but it would take nearly perfect QB play and forcing Alabama to throw the ball, while the secondary needs to play great. I don't see that happening though. I think Alabama wins a close one.

No. 2 Ohio State at No. 8 Wisconsin

Jordan's Pick: Ohio State Kaylee's Pick: Ohio State

Wisconsin is an underdog at home for the first time since knocking off Ohio State last time. Ohio State is undefeated with its lone big win being against a ho-hum Oklahoma team. Wisconsin's lone loss came against a solid Michigan team. I'm going to go with Ohio State to knock off Wisconsin this time mostly because of the coach. Urban Meyer may be the second best coach (Nick Saban) in the country right now. I think he has the tools and the experience necessary to take the win back to Ohio.

Follow me on Twitter: @Jman873

No comments:

Post a Comment