Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Thomas S. Monson

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is mourning the loss of the prophet of the Lord today after President Thomas S. Monson passed away last night.

President Monson was only 36 years old when he was called to be an apostle. That's only 10 years older than me now. That's so young. He passed away at the age of 90. He spent 53 years of his life as an apostle of the Lord. That's more than half of his life (for those of you who are numerically challenged).

I've been thinking a lot about how I could write something that hasn't already been written.

Maybe, I will just post two of my favorite talks that I've read (from 1970 to 1979) of his.

This one is called "My Personal Hall of Fame" from October 1974.

This one is called "Hopeless Dawn--Joyful Morning" from April 1976.

President Monson should be also submitted for the hall of fame for his service throughout his life. He devoted his life to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He became a Bishop at the age of 22. He was in a stake presidency at the age of 27. He served as a mission president at 31. He is a fantastic example to all people, not just members of the Church of Jesus Christ.

He will be sorely missed with his humor and incredible life stories. I'm saddened by the fact we won't hear those stories, but also that we haven't heard them in over a year. It makes me happy knowing he has rejoined his beloved wife, Frances. 

I'm excited to see the progress of the Church under President Nelson. I bear testimony that there is a prophet on Earth today, just as in the Old Testament. The prophet leads and guides the Church of Jesus Christ under the ever-watchful eye of Christ himself. I know this to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment