Friday, August 26, 2016

How I Met...My Wife

Hey everybody, Jordan here with our first blog post. 

I figured I would start off with a little information about Kaylee and me. We both attended Pine View High School in St. George, Utah. Kaylee ran cross country and track, I played Ultimate Frisbee and worked. She was a freshman when I graduated, which at Pine View meant we didn't even attend the same school. In St. George, the middle school has 8th and 9th grade students, while the high school has 10th through 12th.


I left on an LDS mission to Paris, France for two years from 2010-2012, while she finished high school and got a scholarship to Southern Utah University to run. After my mission, I was invited to a group date to go roller skating where we would have first seen each other. Kaylee told me she was there on this occasion after we had been dating for awhile. Maybe I can convince her to write her side of this story.


I broke up with the date I took to the roller skating date around February 2013, and Kaylee never dated anyone seriously in her life, so we were now both single. Luckily for us, our mothers were working together in a church calling and decided to set us up on a date.


I contacted her, I believe, through text (I know, lame, right?), and after hours and days of persuading her, we went on our first date (It probably helped that I spoke the language of love...French).


On our first date, we decided to go caving in the Snow Canyon caves with a small group of six people and just explored the caves. One of the group members was late arriving, so we stopped at a park and threw a Frisbee between the four of us that were there. Kaylee was pretty good at Frisbee, so that definitely made me like her at the time.


The date went just fine, there were no sparks flying to report on, but it was the beginning of what will hopefully be a long life together.




No comments:

Post a Comment