Friday, August 26, 2016

How My Wife Met Me

What a fantasy story, right? Being set up by our mothers! But ok, I’ll admit, moms are geniuses (especially ours).

A little clarification and I guess my side of the story is in order. I was indeed on a date with a wonderful guy that I honestly enjoyed doing many things with, one of which was this roller skating date. Although, a little shameful to admit, I was enjoying the company of my date while also crushing on another guy that happened to be there. And no it was not Jordan. However, Jordan did show up late to this evening's events, and my thoughts go like this as he walks up the steps, “Oh, he’s cute. No! I can’t be on a date with one guy checking out another guy and now this guy.” So I gave no further thought to this Jordan fella but I guess God just wanted me to have a glimpse of my future. 

Now, as for this much persuading that was mentioned: no such luck. Here’s a little thing I’ll admit about both of us. Jordan was used to his mom setting him up on dates throughout his life. While, me, not so much. I guess, in this instance, I heard tell that his mom thought he needed to be dating more than he was, and well, my mom thought I was a good “dater”. I was :) so in short, I didn't need much persuading; I was all for a fun date.

And a fun date it was with some stroke of luck and some worrying thoughts. Let me explain: first, yes, indeed I did impress him with some Frisbee skills. If I hadn't, I don’t know if we would have continued dating. He admitted to me later into our relationship that it was my Frisbee skill that perked his interest a little higher in me.  Luckily, it did, because after our first date, I had some thoughts that went like this, “man I don’t think this relationship would ever work, we’re both TOO quiet.” We really are. If you know us, we’ll jabber all you want, but initially we are quiet, chill people. So even though we had no sparks a flying that first night, we sure have turned it into something that could be eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment