Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Pharmacy School Interview at Roseman University

I know it has been awhile since I've posted anything. With school starting back up, I'm still trying to get adjusted to the schedule. Thursday I had the opportunity to interview at Roseman University in South Jordan, Utah, though.

Picture from startclass.com.


It was my first interview for graduate school ever, so that was kind of a big deal. I arrived around 1:15 p.m. at the school and there were already quite a few other potential students there. I dressed in my suit, as did most of the guys at the interviews. The women were in business professional, which included pant suits or skirts. There ended up being around 40 students that attended the interviews.

I hung out for a little bit with them, just chatting until we were told to join a few people in the Student Commons room. We started out by watching a quick video about life on campus, which was cut short because we were a little behind schedule.

They handed us a folder that had our interviewer and time on it. I was given 3 p.m. with Dr. Unni. After that, we went into a classroom to be taught a little bit about Roseman's history and other information that was related. The classroom was built with a command center-type booth in the center with screens set in a circle facing towards the students, who were also seated in a circle with the professor in the middle. It was an interesting set up, but seemed like I was part of the class.

Picture from lvgea.org.

Next was a writing assessment, which I was told may have been to make sure we spoke and wrote in English fluently. The prompt was "If you could invite anyone, past or present, to dinner, who would it be and why?" I didn't have too much of a problem with that...I mean, you are reading what I am writing right now, so I think I know how to write well enough.

Finally, it was time for my interview. I walked in and was greeted by an Indian woman, Dr. Unni and a first year pharmacy student, Grace Fields. Both of them were really nice. The interview was good. A lot of the questions were based on teamwork and getting along with people, which I don't feel I have any issues with.

After that, I just took a tour with Jordan Gray, who was super helpful throughout the entire process. He is currently in his third and final year at Roseman, so he helped me out with everything.

Overall, I think the whole interview/process went well. Now, I wait for a few weeks to see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! In the interview time what questions they asked you?

    ReplyDelete