Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Movies, Music, Books & TV Shows

Hey guys, Jordan here. I've been wanting to talk about some of the media that Kaylee and I watch or listen to. We have some similarities but also some differences. 

Movies

Kaylee and I love movies. We love seeing new movies, but we rarely go to the theaters to see them. Luckily, we both like the same types of series of movies (i.e. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc.) or else that would be a bummer. We are also big fans of super hero movies, even if that's the only types of movies that come out anymore. 

Kaylee's favorite movie (usually) is The Man From Snowy River. She is really into the older movies, which is great...sometimes. I don't always love them, but some of them are awesome. Kaylee has introduced me to some great movies though because her family has some great films I've never seen.

Kaylee: My Fair Lady is a tie for my favorite movie! Fletch also!...Never NOT funny! 

My favorite movie changed virtually every day. I love (in no particular order) Inception, Coach Carter, Interstellar, The Dark Knight, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. I pride myself on the fact I haven't seen Avatar or Forrest Gump. Don't judge me, but I don't have any urge to see either of them. I am a huge movie critic. I have high standards for movies, but I don't agree with most well-known critics. 

    
Pictures credited to imdb.com

Music

In high school, Kaylee was really big into punk rock music. She loved Linkin Park, Blink-182 and Nickelback. I've succeeded in mellowing her out though. She also loves country, but nobody around her (including me) does. She mostly listens to country now with a little One Direction (I know, embarrassing huh?). She also likes classic rock, which is where we match.

I used to listen to 3 Doors Down, AC/DC, Aerosmith and Nickelback mostly. I listen to John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Billy Joel and Brandon Flowers now because it is less crazy. I still love some classic rock in the right places, but I would more likely choose something more chill.

Books

Kaylee is one of those people that doesn't actually read, but listens to the books on CD. Don't tell her that's not reading though, because she'll fight you. She listens to Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites and Harry Potter. She once tried to read Lord of the Rings since we've been married, but I don't think she finished it.

Kaylee: I also absolutely loved reading The Great Gatsby, The Scarlet Letter and Shakespeare in high school. So, yes, I do read but we had some discussions in class that helped me understand it better. 

I am a huge Harry Potter nerd. I have read all the books multiple times. I know for a fact that I would be a Ravenclaw and have my theories on certain unanswered parts of the books. I also love John Grisham's novels. His storytelling is nearly unrivaled when it comes to law and drama. 

Image result for harry potter illustrated edition
Picture credit to theguardian.com

TV Shows

I have no idea what Kaylee used to watch because of what we watch now. Kaylee and I don't watch many shows week to week, but one of them we do is The Walking Dead. We don't love every episode, but we do like discussing what could happen after each cliffhanger. 

On Netflix, we've watched Friends (I love that show), How I Met Your Mother and Last Man Standing. If you can't tell, we love our sitcoms. I've watched Daredevil, That 70's Show and Friday Night Lights. Kaylee has watched The Dick Van Dyke Show and Gilmore Girls. If you have any suggestions on what to watch on Netflix, we would love to hear what they are.

Kaylee: PSYCH! always good

We are also completely obsessed with Sherlock. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are amazing! We can't wait for the next season to come out. We love theories about the show too, so if you have any good theories, let us know in the comments!


Picture from imdb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment