Thursday, September 22, 2016

Week Four

Here comes week four and the start of conference play for most teams. Last week was a good week for us. Kaylee went 4-2 and I went 5-1. That brings us to 9-9 and 12-6. This week has some really good match-ups again, so here we go.

USC at No. 24 Utah

Jordan's Pick: Utah Kaylee's Pick: Utah 

Utah is looking for revenge after USC ruined its perfect season last year. This time, the game is in Salt Lake City in cool temperatures, Utah's blackout game and possible rain. Utah is second in the nation in sacks, and USC is starting a freshman quarterback in his first game. I expect Utah to have a big win, similar to the Oregon game last year.

BYU at West Virginia

Jordan's Pick: West Virginia Kaylee's Pick: BYU

West Virginia is undefeated, but has beaten Missouri and Youngstown State. BYU is coming off two tough losses. BYU may have made a big mistake leaving Taysom Hill at the quarterback position and selecting him to be the starter. Don't get me wrong, Hill is an incredible athlete and an amazing person, but his passing is not quite good enough based on BYU's schedule. As long as Hill is the QB, I can't see the Cougars pulling off a win against a solid team because Jamaal Williams won't be able to establish a run game without a passing game. I've got West Virginia winning a close game.

Air Force at Utah State

Jordan's Pick: Air Force Kaylee's Pick: Utah State

Air Force hasn't been tested. Utah State was destroyed in its only test against USC. Utah State has a great running back, but Air Force has shown it can stop the run in dominant fashion. Utah State will need to establish a passing game to have a chance, and I don't see that happening. I have Air Force winning, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win big.

No. 11 Wisconsin at No. 8 Michigan State

Jordan's Pick: Michigan State Kaylee's Pick: Wisconsin

Wisconsin and Michigan State may be two of the most evenly matched teams to play this week. Wisconsin is coming off a scare from Georgia State while Michigan State is riding a big win over Notre Dame into the game. Both teams have been great against the run, and Wisconsin has done extremely well against the pass also. I also don't believe Wisconsin has been challenged even with opening the season against (one-trick pony) LSU. I've got Michigan State getting another big win this week. 

No. 12 Georgia at No. 23 Ole Miss

Jordan's Pick: Ole Miss Kaylee's Pick: Georgia

Ole Miss is coming off a tough loss to No. 1 Alabama. Georgia is coming off a comeback win over Missouri. Ole Miss is 1-2, with losses to Florida State and Alabama. Ole Miss has been tested a lot more than Georgia which narrowly avoided a loss to Nicholls State. I don't think either team is as good as their rankings, but I expect Ole Miss is to win. 

No. 19 Florida at No. 14 Tennessee

Jordan's Pick: Florida Kaylee's Pick: Florida

Two untested teams matched up for their first real tests of the year. Tennessee has looked awful against its three opponents, while Florida has at least not allowed many points. Florida hasn't allowed many yards total, and I expect those numbers to be exceeded, but I do expect Florida to win. I really don't think Tennessee is in the top 15. Don't expect Florida to be great this year though.

Now that I think about it, I don't think the SEC is that great this year. I keep picking these games because it's two ranked teams. Next week, I will try to pick better games that won't necessarily be two ranked teams.


No comments:

Post a Comment