Sunday, March 5, 2017

Favorite Song...For Now

Talking about John Mayer's newest music made me think about posting about my favorite song right now. You know how there is something about a song that just fully explains your life, well this is that type of song.

I have had many different favorite songs throughout my life. For a really long time it was "More Than A Feeling" by Boston. That song is phenomenal. The guitar, the lyrics and words are great. But the drums are my favorite part of that song. It gets me jamming out every time, even still to this day.


Another one of my favorite songs for awhile was "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. It is such a catchy tune, catchy wording and makes me happy I don't hang out in bars. 


An all-time top 3 to 5 for me is Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror." That song is so powerful with the words he says and the heartfelt way it is sung. I absolutely love that song. Michael Jackson has so many good songs, but this is the pinnacle for me.


This is in no way me saying my top 5 songs right now, but wouldn't be awful it was. I'm just saying my favorite song for now. 


My favorite song right now is by John Mayer. It's called "Stop This Train." If you haven't heard it, you need to. In fact, here is the live version which is my favorite version:




If you listen to the lyrics, you too will love it. Sometimes I think life is moving too fast, like he says in the beginning. It seems like I just graduated high school sometimes, then it also feels like I just got home from my mission now. I've been graduated for almost 8 years, and home from my mission for almost 4 1/2 years.


Then he says he gets advice from his dad, "Don't for a minute change the place you're in." I would never change the way my life has come to this point. I wouldn't change Kaylee for anyone else. I wouldn't change my opportunity as a member of the bishopric of the young singles adult ward for anything. I wouldn't change my opportunity to attend pharmacy school this next fall. 


Life is great! Sometimes it flies by, other times moments seem to never end. In the end, take it as it comes and enjoy the moment. To end, here is one of my mom's favorite quotes, "Find joy in the journey."

No comments:

Post a Comment