Thursday, March 23, 2017

Driving In The Elements

As I drive from Cedar City to St. George very often, I have driven through a lot of different types of weather.

I've had fun driving through snow most of the way from St. George to Cedar City, then start to slide as I'm getting off the Cedar City exit. I have never gotten into an accident because of the snow, rain, sleet or wind though. *Knock* *knock* on wood.

Last night was one of the craziest rainstorms I've seen while driving. It's not the craziest (Thank you, Beaver), but it was one of them.

Picture from ziqitza.blogspot.com.


I got on the road from St. George and there was light rain. By the time I got near Leeds, it was coming down pretty good. From then on, it felt like my car kept drifting to the right, people were driving super slow. I realized it was just the wind though because my car tells me when there is a lack of contact with the ground.

I feel like I'm flying past people, but I'm only going around 60 miles an hour. The rain was so randomly hard sometimes, but very light in others. I only had low traction twice though throughout the whole drive.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm not a big fan of drivers in Utah. We get such an awful mixture of Utahns trying to go as fast as they can, Californians staying in the fast lane, so I have to pass them on the right, and then some Nevadans do a mixture of the two.

When weather is introduced, I feel like these drivers get 100 percent worse. They act like they've never driven in a little rain storm. They don't dare change lanes, so sometimes you get stuck behind two people going the same speed next to each other. They also won't go faster than 45-50 miles an hour. It just seems ridiculous to me.

Sure, I'm all for being safe (ask anyone that has been in the car while I drive). I just don't get super worried about driving until I feel like I'm sliding. I will slow down below the speed limit, but I'm not going to shy away from passing you if you're driving slower than you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment