Thursday, March 2, 2017

New Music -- In Waves

If you know much about me, you will know that I am a pretty laid back, chill person. I have gone through lots of different genres of music over my life. I loved classic rock (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Boston, etc.) for a long time, and still do. I had stints of Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Frank Sinatra among others that I listened to for a long time.

Since returning from my mission, I have moved most of my music preferences to more relaxed music over the past few years though. I have fallen in love with basically everything Billy Joel, Jack Johnson and John Mayer produced and still produce.

Well, the past two months John Mayer has released two "waves" of four songs. These eight new songs are from his new, 14-song album "The Search For Everything."

You may have heard one of his songs from Wave One on the radio. It's called "Love on the Weekend." Here it is:


As great as that song is, you need to listen to the other three songs from the first wave, They are titled "Moving On and Getting Over," "You're Gonna Live Forever In Me" and "Changing."

They're all so different, but all so amazing.

Wave Two came out about a week ago, and I love all four songs already. The one I wanted to share is "Still Feel Like Your Man." It's got such a smooth feel to it. Plus the second verse is kind of funny with the shampoo stuff.


Find the rest of his second wave on YouTube. The other songs are titled "Roll It On Home," Emoji of a Wave" and "Helpless." 

John Mayer has been doing music for a long time, and this could be one of his best albums. It's hard to top "Continuum," but this is incredible, heartfelt music.

No comments:

Post a Comment